My festive sweet tooth and undying love for the chocolate/hazelnut combo produced this lovely breakfast yesterday.
I’m not a massive fan of putting fruit in my porridge as I don’t enjoy the hot and cold contrast, but there is definitely a place in my heart for a bowl of oats.
So after making some delicious vegan nutella this week, I wanted to ride that flavour wave once more.
This would be great with a big scoop of hazelnut protein powder if you’re hitting the gym this January 💪
Vegan Ferrero Rocher Porridge
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 25 g vegan dark chocolate
- 75 g blanched hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 80 g rolled oats
- 570 ml hazelnut milk
- 2 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Place the coconut oil, dark chocolate, chopped hazelnuts, vanilla and maple syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a med-low heat. Stir for 3-4 minutes until everything is combined and sticky.
- In a separate medium-sized saucepan, mix the rolled oats, hazelnut milk and protein powder (if using). Bring to the boil and keep stirring for 1-1 1/2 minutes, until reduced and slightly thicker. Remove from heat, ladle into two bowls and top with hazelnut mixture. Drizzle with a bit more maple syrup if desired.