My latest recipes have been on the rather indulgent side, so I figured I should go back to basics and share a light and refreshing, immune-boosting juice.
This juice is made special by the amazing health properties of its ingredients:
- Turmeric and ginger are two anti-inflammatory powerhouses that can treat nausea, lower blood sugar, and aid digestion.
- Lemon will give you the zingy wakeup call you need without the nasty jitters of caffeine.
- Oranges are absolutely loaded with Vitamin C, and carrots with potassium and fibre, aiding digestion and boosting the immune system.
The juice will also kickstart your metabolism, making it the ultimate beverage to include in your morning routine. So follow the recipe below and seize the day!
Rise and Thrive Wake Me Up Juice
- 4 large oranges
- 4-5 large carrots
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (dried)
- 2 inch cube ginger
- Chop ingredients up and place in blender. (You may need to chop them quite small if your machine isn’t very powerful). Blend til smooth.
- Place about a third of the mixture at a time into the nut milk bag above a jug and squeeze to release the juices.
- Dispose of the dry contents of the bag and enjoy your juice!